A registered physiotherapist shall: –
1. Respect the rights and dignity of all individuals.
2. Serve clients, regardless of social status, culture, creed, politics, race or nationality.
2. Carry out services to the best of his ability.
4. Maintain at all times the highest standard of professional competence and strive continuity to update and extend his professional knowledge and skill.
5. Recognize the extent and limitation of his professional expertise and provide services that are within his competence.
6. Refer any persons under his care to the appropriate health team members whenever necessary.
7. Respect the confidence imparted to him in the course of his professional duties, and only discuss patients’ affair with other members of the medical team responsible for treatment
8. Respect and co-operate with other physiotherapists and members of related professionals
9. Maintain an active interest in the planning and the provision of adequate health service for the community.
10. Ensure that professional integrity is not influenced bu motives of profit.
11. Accept responsibility for reporting illegal activities or unethical conduct to the appropriate authorities
12. Ensure that no service that requires the skill, knowledge, and judgement of the physiotherapist is delegated to a less qualified person and ensure that those under his supervision or in his employ are knowledgeable and capable in the performance of their duties.